Runners are not a typical breed. So you wouldn’t expect their love letters to be a typical outpouring of affection either. For runners, it is crucial to have a partner who understands and supports their goals.
This love letter was written to professional runner Neely Spence Gracey by her loving husband, Dillon. In it, he offers great suggestions for not only Gracey, but for all runners. Who else would swoon at the suggestion to get lots of sleep other than a long distance runner.
“I received a note today with 10 reminders from my husband,” said Gracey. “Do your love letters look like this? As a running nerd, my heart melts.”
- Get lots of sleep.
- Eat well after hard workouts and long runs.
- Work into your runs.
- Stay on pace.
- Listen to your body (a day off is better than a season off).
- Swim, bike, Elliptigo is great cross training when fatigued.
- Get a massage.
- Be selfish and make sure getting your needs met is priority.
- Take a nap if you are tired.
- Don’t stop loving me.