Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
By Erin Beresini
Sure, Saturday can be a day of rest—after you get in your morning workout! Tempted to hit the snooze button or, heaven forbid!, not set an alarm at all? One or more of these 10 reasons not to sleep through Saturday morning should get you up and out the door.
10. There’s a cute guy or gal at your local shop’s Saturday morning group run. She/he won’t know you exist if you’re in your jammies!
9. Dessert. Run now, eat it guilt free later.
8. Unlike during the week, you can go back to bed.
7. TiVo. If you must watch Fuse’s 100 Sexiest Videos of All Time marathon (you dirty runner, you), you won’t miss a thing.
6. Escape hung-over roommate breakfast rants about how totally ridiculous and stuff last night was, bro.
5. Pancake breakfast. Tastes infinitely better after a run.
4. Your dog will do horrible things to your living room carpet if you don’t.
3. Your hung-over roommate will do horrible things to your living room carpet anyway—but you won’t be around to see it.
2. Summer weather. Some like it hot.
1. Dominate your next race. 6 a.m. wake-up call? No problem. You do it every weekend!
Happy Trails (or streets or sidewalks or beaches or…)